LA CROSSE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Eight members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team competed on Thursday and Friday at the North Central Dr. Keeler Invitational and the UW-La Crosse Eagle Open. Team scores were not recorded at both events.
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Jay and Dot Buikema Track, Naperville, Ill./Roger Harring Stadium, La Crosse, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) set a new school record and personal-best in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 56.13 seconds for fifth place at the UW-La Crosse Eagle Open. His time breaks the previous school record by just .02 seconds and also ranks fifth in the NACC this season. Schamber also competed in his first 100 and 200 meters for times of 11.83 and 23.62 seconds, respectively.
- Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.) sprinted to a third-place finish in the 400 meters with a season-best time of 50.34 seconds for the fifth fastest time in the NACC this season.
- TJ McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn.) finished just behind Schamber in both the 100 and 200 meters with times 11.87 and 23.90 seconds, respectively.
- Jared Traver (Janesville, Wis.) competed in a trio of events, finishing the long jump in 5.26 meters, the javelin throw in 29.42 meters, and the 200 meters in 25.42 seconds.
- Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) posted a personal-best in the 5,000 meters with a time of 15:04.20, the top time in the NACC this season. Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis.) recorded a season-best of 16:03.99, while Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) and Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) also posted personal-bests of 16:34.90 and 17:01.02, respectively, at the Dr. Keeler Invitational.
- Donart also recorded a personal-best time of 1:59.20 in the 800 meters at the Dr. Keeler Invitational.
- Select Warriors will return to North Central next Wednesday and Thursday for the Gregory Invitational, the final last-chance event of the season.