PLYMOUTH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Despite out-shooting Lakeland by 13 shots, the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell 3-0 in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play this afternoon at Muskie Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Lakeland 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-8-0, 1-2-0 NACC), Lakeland (2-7-0, 1-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Muskie Soccer Field, Plymouth, Wis. | Attendance: 56
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 19', the Muskies' Stephanie Figueroa crossed the ball into the box and found teammate Alexa Piskule who beat the keeper for the first goal of the game putting Lakeland in front 1-0.
- Lakeland's second goal of the game came off of an own goal by Wisconsin Lutheran giving LU a 2-0 lead at the half.
- Makenna Waller would score the final goal for Lakeland in the 50' unassisted.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-shot the Muskies 24-11 during the match, but there was an 8-8 shot on goal tie between the two teams.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) played all 90:00 in the net for the Warriors recording five saves.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) led the way for the Warriors recording a match-best nine shots, three of which were on goal.
- Stephanie Figueroa paved the way for Muskies tallying five shots, three of which were on goal. She also assisted on another goal.
- The Warriors travel to Rock Island, Ill., on Saturday for a matchup with No. 22 Augustana (5-4-0) at 5:00 p.m. After starting the season 5-0, the Vikings have lost four straight. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.