ROCK ISLAND, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered an 11-0 defeat against No. 22 Augustana (Ill.) in non-conference action at Thorson-Lucken Field on Saturday night.
- Final Score: No. 22 Augustana (Ill.) 11, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-9-0), No. 22 Augustana (6-4-0)
- Location: Thorson-Lucken Field, Rock Island, Ill. | Attendance: 132
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After scoring its first goal in the 3', Augustana rattled off back-to-back goals in a minute and a half span to take a 3-0 lead. The Vikings scored five more times in the opening half and led 8-0 at the half.
- Goals in 82', 83', and 85' brought the final score to 11-0. Augustana dominated the shot count in the match, 46-1.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC goalkeeper Mary Kirk (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Lake Country Lutheran) made eight saves for the Warriors in the match.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) recorded the only shot for WLC in the match.
- Ten different Vikings scored, and Emily Mueller scored her first two goals of the season.
- The Warriors return to conference action when they travel to Concordia Chicago (5-4-1, 2-2-0 NACC) on Wednesday afternoon for a 3:00 p.m. kickoff. The Cougars suffered a 3-0 loss against Edgewood on Saturday afternoon. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.