RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team suffered its third straight defeat on Wednesday afternoon, falling 5-0 to the Cougars of Concordia Chicago in Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play at Concordia Stadium.
- Final Score: Concordia Chicago 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-10-0, 1-3-0 NACC), Concordia Chicago (6-4-1, 3-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Concordia Stadium, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 78
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cougars scored the first of their four first-half goals early in the 3' on Elizabeth Sanders' rebound from Natalie Weinhold.
- Alisha Johnson netted CUC's next two goals in the 13' and 18' for a 3-0 lead.
- Katie Biga made the score 4-0 in the 23' on an assist from Weinhold as the hosts led 4-0 at intermission.
- Weinhold added her second tally of the match in the 58' unassisted for the final 5-0 result.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Chicago recorded 15 first-half shots and nine more in the second period for a 24-1 advantage over Wisconsin Lutheran on the shot chart.
- Helen Joyce (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) recorded WLC's only shot in the match, coming in the second half.
- Hailey Krause (Wauwatosa, Wis./Pius XI) made seven saves to bring her total to a league-leading 82 for the season.
- Natalie Weinhold (7) and Alisha Johnson (5) combined for half of the Cougars' shots. Goalkeepers Allyson Krajnak and Madeline Kroll shared the shutout by playing 45:00 each in goal.
- CUC leads the all-time series with WLC, 9-5-2. The Cougars have won six straight over the Warriors.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns home from its season-long three-match road trip on Saturday, hosting Benedictine (4-5-3, 2-1-2 NACC) at 1:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com. The Eagles played to a 2-2 double-overtime draw with Concordia Wisconsin on Wednesday.