BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team won all nine of its matches to complete a 9-0 sweep over Beloit on Monday afternoon at the Strong Complex Tennis Courts.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 9, Beloit 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-2), Beloit (0-1)
- Location: Strong Complex Tennis Courts, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC controlled doubles play to begin the match, winning all three matches in impressive fashion.
- Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis./Luther) and Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis./Luther Preparatory) won No. 1 doubles by a score of 8-2.
- At No. 2, Tabitha Schultz (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho/Luther Preparatory) and Kendra Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) won 8-2.
- Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) and Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) completed the sweep with an 8-1 win at No. 3.
- The Warriors dominated singles play, winning all six matches in straight sets.
- At No. 1 and No. 2, Potaracke and Schultz both won 6-4, 6-0.
- Boyd was a 6-1, 6-0 winner at No. 3, while Volkmann, Kendra Bergmann, and Gerbing all went on to win at No. 4 through No. 6 to close out the match for the Warriors.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The win was the Warriors' fourth straight over the Buccaneers.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opens a busy week of NACC action on Wednesday night as it hosts Marian (0-2) at 6:30 p.m. at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. Last season, WLC defeated MU in regular season action before the Sabres eliminated the Warriors in the opening round of the conference tournament.