RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team split a pair of Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference road duals on Saturday, falling 5-4 to Aurora before rebounding for a 6-3 win over Dominican.
- Final Scores: Aurora 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 4; Wisconsin Lutheran 6, Dominican 3
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-4, 1-2 NACC), Aurora (3-4, 3-3 NACC), Dominican (1-6, 1-4 NACC)
- Location: Washington Middle School, Aurora, Ill. | Forest Park Tennis Courts, Forest Park, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. AURORA
- The Spartans swept through doubles play in the first match of the day, winning by scores of 8-0, 8-3, and 8-2.
- After dropping their first two singles matches, the Warriors collected wins at No. 3 through No. 6.
- Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis./Luther Preparatory) won at No. 3, 6-1, 6-3, Katarina Volkmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) was a 6-2, 6-1 winner, and Kendra Bergmann (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) won 7-5, 6-2 at No. 5. Hannah Gerbing (Pewaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) was able to fend off her opponent in three sets, 6-7, 11-9, 10-6, at No. 6.
HOW IT HAPPENED VS. DOMINICAN
- WLC won two of three doubles matches to open play versus the Stars. Paige Potaracke (La Crosse, Wis./Luther) and Boyd took No. 1 doubles, 8-2, while Gerbing and Volkmann won at No. 3, 8-4.
- The Warriors then collected four of six singles victories to take the match from the Stars. At No. 1, Potaracke was a 7-6 (7-2), 6-0 winner. Volkmann (6-2, 6-0), Bergmann (6-3, 6-3), and Gerbing (6-0, 6-0) concluded singles play with wins at No. 4 through No. 6.
- The Warriors have over a week off before hosting Edgewood (5-5, 4-1 NACC) next Sunday at 2:00 p.m. at Hart Park. The Eagles fell to Concordia Wisconsin, 9-0, and then defeated Lakeland, 9-0, on Saturday.