LA CROSSE, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Eight members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track & field team competed on Thursday and Friday at the North Central Dr. Keeler Invitational and the UW-La Crosse Eagle Open. Team scores were not recorded at both events.
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Jay and Dot Buikema Track, Naperville, Ill./Roger Harring Stadium, La Crosse, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors' 4x800-meter relay team of Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill.), Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S.D.), Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis.), and Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis.) set a new school record by over two seconds with a time of 9:56.26 at the Dr. Keeler Invitational.
- Kiana Granath (Lodi, Wis.) sprinted to an 11th-place finish in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 17.05 seconds at the UW-La Crosse Eagle Open. She also competed in long jump and placed 12th with a distance of 4.62 meters.
- Debbie Miller (Mazeppa, Minn.) leaped just in front of Granath for 11th in the long jump for a distance of 4.71 meters.
- Weide, Heiss, Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.), and Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) all competed in the 1,500 meters at the Dr. Keeler Invitational. Weide posted a time of 5:06.64, Heiss and Balts both recorded personal-bests of 5:15.09 and 5:15.45, respectively, and Wagenknecht finished with a time of 5:34.22.
- Stumpner raced in the 800 meters and posted a finishing time of 2:26.66.
- Select Warriors will return to North Central next Wednesday and Thursday for the Gregory Invitational, the final last-chance event of the season.